Thursday 3 February 2011

Before you were born, part 1

I have had this idea in my head for ages and wanted to make a book of "before you were born" for all pregnant mums out there. I wanted it to be small enough that it could tuck into a handbag but also be put out on display if Mum (to be) wanted to. This one is for my daughter and although we know the sex of the baby I am playing it safe and keeping it all in shades of white. The book cover is made from Chipboard from a board game, it was glossy white on the inside and i have covered the outside with Bazill bling. The circle was cut from a sizzix original die from pearl paper and stitched around the circumference, the before you were born is glittered fabric stickers(i cannot remember where these were from as they were from my stash). The giraffe was cut from white ribbed cardstock using a sizzix original die and the spots and antler thingies were from a scrap of gloss card. A white bow ribbon around the giraffes neck completes him. The circle was stuck on using double sided tape and the giraffe is mounted on sticky pads. The chipboard cover is 6" x 43/4", I have bound the book using the bind it all. White ribbon and feet charms have been added but you can decorate it however you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment