Monday 31 January 2011

Daughters Birthday

Today is my eldest daughters Birthday, I have made this card for her(I hope she doesn't read this blog before she receives the card!).
It is A4 in size and the basic card stock is cream 300gsm from Payper box(as always).
The cardstock has been covered with Basic Grey Julia and it is stitched randomly around the edges. The focal point is the circle, this is a piece of chipboard from a game that I have covered with BG Sari and punched holes in around part of the circle. Using some glass flower stems and the white grassy stuff that came with it from Cargo I have stuck and stitched this onto the circle. The words Daughter has been die cut from Sizzix Mango Tango alphabet in pink Bazill cardstock. To make the "Daughter" look like its floating in mid air I have cut off a cello bag and cut it shorter in width so that the letters over hang so that the cello bag is hardly visible, this was then glued onto the circle. Using white flowers, hat pin and beads from Stampin UP(Alison will be able to get these for you) from the pretties kit arrange as you wish around the circle. Circle is attached using foam pads, add your tiny tag with words of your choice, I have used Doodlebugs Simply sweet in brown rub-ons. As this card is very heavy due to the stems being glass I have added an extra thickness of cardstock to the inside back of the card for extra strength and stability. I hope my daughter likes it and hope you crafters do too?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I don't think the picture does it justice at all, it is really beautiful! The glass beads on the stems make it that extra bit sparkly and special. x

    ReplyDelete