Saturday 22 January 2011

Discreet Birthday

One of my close friends had her special birthday yesterday and I don't know about you but there seems nothing on the market that has a discreet age tag on the cards? So, I set about making Geraldine a very special card(I hope she forgives me when she reads this blog?). I have made this card A4, go big when it's special! I have stitched together 2 pieces of A4 cream card with a silver strip, this forms the basis of the card. I was very inspired by the black flock swirl when I saw it, doesn't it look fab? This my crafty friends is from packaging, so check out what you throw out, there are some hidden gems to be had! I stitched around two sides in black thread. Then using the black inner packing of the box I stitched that onto the card. Using a strip of the white packaging gloss card I made a flap, I wanted to hide the workings of where i was going to stitch on the beaded black flowers(I prefer stitching to gluing as I find its more secure). Using the Sizzix alphabet Round Table I cut from the black packaging the words. Add gems onto the corners and using a small white tag i put the discreet age tag using Doodlebugs Simply sweet Rub-ons. I think it looks amazing, a special card for a special lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment