Tuesday 11 January 2011

My first time..


Hi fellow crafters, as this is my first time blogging, I hope you will be gentle with me?
Most of us Make New Years resolutions and by now we have all but given up on them, sound familiar? Maybe we just need to be kind to ourselves and set an achievable target? With this in mind I wanted to be more organised this year and so thought i would make a card box. As you can see its from using items that i had around the house as I am a bit of a frugal crafter(who isn't?) This is a lovely project to ease you back into crafting and a guilt free one, no money spent on this one. I have used an Ikea box as the base and covered some of the sides with a textured white cardstock but you can use whatever you have to hand. On the front is a Tim Holtz ornate frame(love his stuff!) and inside I have made "files" from A4 cardstock that I have glued together and cut down. The 7gyspy metal tabs are from Scrapsy-see my blog link below. On each of the month section files I have printed off the month numbers and stitched them to the file-so I don't loose them. The section at the back has been made from chipboard so I have a large space for my Christmas cards this also holds stamps, pen, pencil and rubber. I used pencil to write in the Birthdays and Anniversaries and any additions I can then rub it out and squeeze it all on one line. I love this box. The only thing I would like to change is to add some of the Tim Holtz feet, but since I didn't have any it could not have any. Have fun creating this. x

No comments:

Post a Comment