Thursday 27 January 2011

Bits n bobs

For me, January is quite a month for Birthdays, and I don't know about you but sometimes inspiration seems to disappear? I am also trying to be less wasteful with my stash and keep a box of bits n bobs that are left over from other projects and my aim is to use these pieces to make more cards. Have you ever tried that? Hard isn't it? Now, I don't want you to think that my friends and family aren't special, nothing could be further from the truth, but I am finding that doing the bits n bobs method you do tend to create cards that are similar in design. Enough of my ramblings..here is what I used.
Basic card is hammered white from Payper Box cut to 51/2" square, Pink mirri card and then Basic Grey Julia and Sari for the background and strip. I have matted and layered the mirri and sari together and stitched around the edges before sticking it to the main body of the card. Using the BG Julia I cut a strip and used the Martha Stewart scallop punch to create the border strip and again stitched the design on before sticking it to the matted papers. Using the Stamping Up Upsy Daisy set(available from Alison at SU) I stamped the image on white cardstock with Pink Passion SU ink and stitched freestyle around in random shapes a few times. I like random as you will notice throughout my designs. Add a glittery brad to one corner and then stick this onto the card and add a gem on one of the stamped flowers. Tie around the border strip some pink rafia, arrange and glue on some Prima flowers, add some pink pearls to centres. With a tiny tag add your sentiment using Doodle Bug rub ons, simply sweet in pink. Take a pearl hat pin and push this in towards the flower arrangement and with wire tie on your tiny tag and secure tag with a foam pad. now as they say, the jobs a good un! Until next time...happy crafting.x

1 comment: