Monday 23 April 2012

Patchwork card..

I have always fancied having a go at patchwork with cardstock and when I realised that my long time friend and art teacher's birthday was next up,  I wanted to give it a try.  I wanted to start with something simple and now that postage has increased so much I knew I had to keep it lighter and not too 3D.  With that all in mind I wanted to make something in "rustic" sort of natural colours and with Mrs G having a passion for elephants I also knew I had to incorporate that too.  I made my template from scrap paper and after many attempts, the shape is simple but effective.  I have used Sizzix embossing folders to give texture to the cardstock, the swirly one and the Tim Holtz, shattered glass one for the ear.  I platted some sewing thread for his tail and that moves around and gives the elephant some character.  It is all stitched in zig zag on the machine with a black brad for the eye.  All cardstock is from Payper box. Not too bad for a first attempt, now I just need to be brave enough and try something a little more complicated. x

No comments:

Post a Comment