Wednesday 2 May 2012

Cool Nation..

My good friend and I met up "for a catch up" a while back and she went on to tell me about her son and his new found activity...making ginger beer. I think she was just taken aback at just how much he had made and how every container available had been used.  For me, this provided a great start for a card for his Birthday.  I wanted to use an iconic fridge design, something a bit retro but also very now and the Union Jack Smeg fridge fitted the bill with its rounded corners, the large handle and of course the Smeg brand.  I thought it would be a clean and colourful design and when opened it would offer some of the ginger beer bottles that had been made.
I have used Payper Box cardstock on this card along with Stampin Up! 1" and 3/4" punches and the new Tim Holtz aphabet die Inside Out.  This fridge card would be great for a lot of occassions, you could use it for beer, wine, chocolate, fruit, anything that you would normally find in a fridge that the recipient likes.  I have been thinking of creating an American themed fridge with stars and stipes on the outside and inside having things like, Dunkin donuts, Herseys and Root Beer.  You can see where I am going with this? Let you imagination help you create.  It's amazing where we get our inspiration from, so as they say, just do it! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment