Sunday 29 July 2012

Seating plan..

Here is another personal touch that I had the pleasure of creating.  I have to say creating but maybe it's a combination of designing and creating?  I wanted to make a podium style seating plan, when the bottom half of this podium came my way I designed and my boy made the top ledge and sprayed this white for me.  Not bad for a recycled object?  I then painted a white wooden tray, added the Tim Holtz metal feet and printed off on a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock the seating plan.  All that was added were the inlays of cardstock and brads and stitched together.  To make extra sure that nothing moved, the wooden tray has been secured onto the ledge before the seating plan was added and the flowers were arranged in a bouquet holder and a hole was drilled in the top of the ledge so that you could water the flowers and ensure that nothing got knocked off accidentally.  Just a few touches were added as dressings, which were the napkin holder and napkins and the electronic candles.  We also added 2 white basket of favours on the bottom shelf to "top up" for the evening guests.  You just have to imagine that they are there!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment