Sunday 22 July 2012

Mr & Mrs Canvas..

It is only now that I can truly share with you what I have been working on for MONTHS!  I felt it inappropriate to share this with you before the Bride and Groom had seen this.  As Sam had already chosen mini easels for the place names-which you will see in a later post,  I thought when I saw this easel it was just gorgeous.  This easel was bought second hand and was quite expensive but it did not fit in with the colour scheme of a wedding being black and bottle green.  So with 8 hours of sanding down and a further 10 hours of priming, undercoating and top coat the transformation began.  It is a lovely piece and I think that I would like to take it further by either using a silver rub and buff creme on it or silver leaf certain parts.  This easel was the first thing that I wanted the guests to see, I wanted to produce a canvas that was going to set the tone of the wedding and to welcome guests in as they arrived.  How annoying it is sometimes to enter somewhere only to be greeted by strangers?! I thought this canvas would alert guests that they were in the right location.  I had not prepared myself for the 50 hours work it took to create this canvas, the letters (apart from the & and welcome) are all 3D, cut by hand and assembled using cardstock and paper mached over the top, then painted in white and then silver leafed, textured and beaded(using beads from Sam's dress).  The flat letters are painted with silver acrylic.  I left a space to the left hand side to have a spray of fresh flowers.  I have to say that I am so pleased with this, it is beautiful and certainly ticked all the boxes.  Since the wedding I have had so much interest in this canvas from potential wedding parties, I haven't found anything else like it on the market so who knows where this piece could take me?? x

No comments:

Post a Comment