Thursday 19 July 2012

Sam's wedding..

I cannot lie, my nerves did get the better of me as the wedding approached and I bottled out of making the bridal bouquets.  To be honest it was a good thing as I did run out of time but I was pleased that Suze(youngest daughter) and I managed to dress the venue. More of that in later posts.
Just thought that I would share the card that I made for Sam and Gav's wedding, it's A5 in size and lots of varying whites with texture.  I was pleased that I managed to use the Sizzix embossing folders to create an extended embossed A5 size piece without having the line across, you know how you get that if you don't pattern match it up and leave the already embossed piece protruding through your bigshot before putting it through a second time.  With me so far?
The crystal buckle was from Mei flower, it was £1.50 so it you are thinking of making these cards in bulk try and find these wholesale! The sheer ribbon is from a bridal shop and the glitter letters are from one of those boxed jobs of glitter letters and glued onto some textured cardstock , machine stitched and with white leather thong added which attaches to the buckle.  It is much more elegant in the flesh.  I love this card.
Here is a sneak peek at one of the photo's that AJ took of the happy couple, gorgeous dress Sam wore, worth all the ups and downs that we went through to get this dress.  Totally gorge!
Gav looks very dapper too!  It was a lovely day (even with those showers in between) and it went really smoothly and by all accounts everyone had a good time-that's what its all about, isn't it?  So, congratulations to Mr and Mrs Blundell, who by now will be sunnying themselves in another country. x

No comments:

Post a Comment