Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dressing the venue..

Following on from previous posts, this is the next chapter.  Suze (my youngest daughter) and I spent 14 hours transforming a conference hall into a Wedding venue.  There were 8 round tables and 2 top tables.  You might just see the place names-  mini easels that we painted and distressed with silver along the name plates that were cut from white foam and all names were cut in silver using the Tim Holtz typeset die.The various flowers that were used on the name plates were cut from a selection of white card using the Magnolia dies and held on with 1 silver brad and stickles added to these.  Yes, they took a long time but its those little details that make it from being okay/good to brilliant!
The tables had varying sizes of gems, plus favours(either vodka for adults and chocolate balls for children) all handmade and individually labelled. Each table had a table name of the places that Sam and Gav had visited on their travels through Italy where Gav had planned to "pop the question", the story was on the reverse of these and were laminiated. Just to make it clear that these have taken many months to make prior to the wedding.  The flowers through out the venue were arranged by Suze and myself so everything from the candlabras to the top table to the canvas sprays.  These were in creams, greens and whites and were duplicated in the bridal bouquets.  The chair sashes were to highlight the colour of the bridesmaids dresses which were two tone and it all looked so elegant. I have to say that when I went back in the room it did take my breath away and made me so proud that we had produced that for my daughter/Suze's sister.  I have been asked whether I would like to do this full time, I know that you should never say never but.....x

No comments:

Post a Comment