Wednesday 13 July 2011

Lydia's 21st

I'm sure you all have the same problems in that I end up wasting so many resources when designing, do you have that problem or is it just me?  Before this final version I spent many many hours and 3 attempts/ideas before this little creation. You know how some things just don't look right and you are not happy with it, it becomes so personal when you are designing for a colleague or friend and you always want to give your best work that is unique for them.  Anyhows, enough of the old chitter chatter, here is a card for Lydia's 21st. There was alot in the brief, alot of nurse related stuff, which when I worked on that idea, it looked like a doctors graduation card, not appropriate.  I then worked on a cocktail theme, again with the colourways the same as above, it just didn't cut the muster.  So I settled on the colourway, with 21 and with all the things Lydia had done recently in a scroll type format, I think it is a stunning card.  It is an easel card and the protruding part was cut using Sizzix top note die(so universal, this is a die to have in your arsenal of crafting kit), plus the Tim Holtz tattered floral die.  The 21 was cut using Sizzix serif numbers in glitter card, the scroll was blue vellum that I printed on.  Along with DCWV linen closet cardstock, metal Birthday button, metal key, ribbons, gems, and punched butterflies complete this contemporary 21st card. I just hope the recipient likes it as much as I do? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment