Friday 25 March 2011

Big Boy..

It's hard enough making cards for men as it is, but making a saucy card for one of my dearest men friends is tricky. Tricky in that Alan loves "sauce" in its highest levels and over the years he has received some hot n saucy ones from me. Its always important to remember that the cards you create for your recipient will be on show for all to see including their loved ones. This year I have struggled to come up with an idea, until this. I started by drawing a sketch of the finished design and then using scrap paper made templates of how this would all work together until I was completely happy, this cut down on my waste-when designing I usually waste about 4 times the amount than on the finished article. So this is most definately a way forward for me. All of this card is cut completely by hand-no punches or dies were used in the making of this card. So here is what I used-skin is using pink Bazzill, the "bottom" is made using 4 different circles and shading in the lower half using copic skintone pens to give the bottom shadow and depth. The pants are deep red card stock stamped in black ink using Tanda background set(I used the lace one). Stockings are black card stock stamped in versa mark with SU canvas stamp and embosssed with clear embossing powder to give the impression of stockings/hold ups. AMM black stitched ribbon make the bows to complete the sexy feel. The "tattoo" Big Boy was using simply sweet rub ons, the mini handcuffs are from Claire's accessories. All of this is matted onto deep red and then black cardstock for that strong sexy look. The majority of my cardstock is 300 gsm, so to balance the front I have cut a black back panel for the inside and with the insert as well it balances beautifully. I'm sure this "Big Boy" is going to love this card, just one problem...what am I going to make him next year? Any ideas? x

1 comment:

  1. Jen, that is truly a work of art!! Fabulous, I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete