Thursday 23 August 2012

Lavendar revisited..

..a couple of years ago I was absolutely besotted with trying to purchase a good Lavendar stamp, which I did use.  To make sure this little stamp keeps its worthy space in my craft cupboard I got it out and gave it a little road test.  This is another simple card but it has lots of white on white textures and the clean lines and simplicity of it all I am liking. I didn't use ink on this stamp, I used Marvy pens, this is much more controllable when you want fine detail.  I can probably hear Sarah sniggering at me right now, as I have so few pens.  In fact my "collection" is rather pathetic but we all know that colouring in is not really my bag,  Anyhow, I digress, using the brush tip end gently stroke the area which you would like that colour and repeat until all the stamp is in colour, then "huff" on it.  You know what I mean- breathe on the stamp to activate the inks again, then stamp. Cut out your stamped panels and lay these up on a textured piece of cardstock, I used a cuttlebug embossing folder to create my texture. Layer this on foam pads and add white gloss card, then foam pads again and stick onto your card.  Punch out the lower section using the Stampin Up scallop punch and adhere, add ribbon, and sentiments.  Cardstock used is all Paper Box and the coloured pens were Marvy le Plume II No.72 pine green, No.62 Wisteria, No.8 Violet, the stamp is a Scarlet Empress one.  I think this little stamp is going back into my craft cupboard, it's had a reprieve this time round. x

No comments:

Post a Comment