Monday 27 August 2012

Butterflies and stars..

..and pinks and purples, with a 30 on it, was the brief for this card.  Oh, plus large and luxurious. This is an A4 size card and it is very heavy(I know that you can't see that from this image), it's a card in a class all of it's own! Lot's of matting and layering going on using Bazzill and Basic Grey Perhaps papers-Sari and Red riding hood with a Karen Foster vellum to keep this card having quite a delicate feel to it. All basic card stock is by Payper Box.  I wanted lots of interest going on so I followed the design on the Sari paper and cut this out and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink Tattered Rose, this was quite fiddly but it makes the design delicate, airy and interesting.  I matted this onto the vellum.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the next layer down the left hand side for another dimension.  All of this was matted onto silver and then onto the Bazzill.  The metal butterflies are from Mei Flower and are stitched through the wings for security. I wanted to bring in some "bling", so the chain and bead work was added with the inked tags spelling out "Becca" and these were secured to the chain with curled wires and held in place with 2 silver headed pins.  I wanted to be discreet about the age so with a Stampin Up star punch I punched and inked the star and added 30 in white rub ons.  With the addition of a pack of 3mm gems, which again followed the design on the paper, the card was almost complete.  To counter balance the weight that was going on the front it had to have another layer of card on the back, then on course the insert as always.  I am really happy with this card, I hope the recipient has just the best Birthday.  Happy Birthday Bex.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment