Sunday 20 November 2011

Winter Wedding..

I was so excited to be asked to make this winter wedding card, it had to winter filled and sparkly.  I had in my mind that I wanted to use the Tim Holtz snowflake border die and cut this in white glitter cardstock.  As this die is quite short I had to try and work out how to make it longer, I found that if I cut a strip of cardstock longer than i needed and cut the first one carefully it meant that I could then move the strip along to the matching parts and hold it in place with masking tape and keep the cut continious. The main background card is white shimmer cardstock, I have embossed a script stamp several times on this using clear embossing powder and matted and layered this on brushed silver cardstock and held in place with brads.The silver and white patterned cardstock was cut using the Go Kreate Frilly dies, the white one has the addition of white voile ribbon and a diamonte kiss ribbon charm on it for a sophisticated feel.  The beaded flowers are from Hobbycraft and the poinsettias were cut using the Marianne dies in white and silver to keep within the theme and add elegance and grace to the card.  Finishing touches were pearls, gems and stardust stickles.  Congratulations to the happy couple whose wedding will take place in December. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment