Wednesday 5 October 2011

Mentor

I have really amazing friends and the card this is for is for one creative lady.  Lesley got me into making cards, must be 12-15 years ago now.  Lesley comes from an art based background and has amazing talents, one that I can only dream about.  So, when it comes to making cards for her it's always difficult as I am just a crafter and not an artist.  Do you know what I mean? Well, this year Lesley had given me some Tim Holtz folders and as she handed them over to me just slipped in that she would like these to be on her Birthday card.  So, with the gauntlet thrown down I took up the challenge!  Well here it is, in Lesley's colourways that see loves so much.  I hope I have done her proud? I tried, honest!
Items used were- SU designer paper-elegant soiree, paper patch-sage breezy waeve, Tim Holtz distressed frame and postal embossing folders, tattered floral die, 100th collection-odds n ends stamps, distress inks-vintage photo, forest moss and antioque linen. SU scallop punch, Hero Arts old letter writing stamp and finally brads, pins and antique lace.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment