Friday 7 October 2011

Best of Friends..

You know, it was by chance that Sarah and my paths crossed, it was at a crop.  I was cropping but Sarah had a scrapbooking supplies shop there at the same time.  We were both newbies but we seemed to hit it off instantly and from there our friendship has now grown, so much that to me she is like the sister I always wanted but could never have. Making a card for someone that is not only so close to you but also does the same craft is intimidating as I always feel my work is so inferior, does anyone else feel that way about their work?  I have used lots of SU materials here, again using the elegant soiree papers on all of the card and the flowers. The flowers are made using the SU punches 13/8", 1" and 3/4" and cut each circle into a spiral and wound them up into the flower shape and stuck them with some PVA, edged them with stickles for some bling.  The shaped backgrounds were Go Kreate dies-large frames frilly and rectangular frames frilly, inked up with some Tim Holtz distress inks-brushed coudroy and vintage photo.  These have been edged with liquid pearls-lemon yellow.  With hat pins, gems, ribbon, wire, beads and rub-ons and the card was complete.  Happy Birthday Sarah! x

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you worried about giving me this, it's beautiful girlfriend!! Love ya!! xx

    ReplyDelete