Wednesday 17 August 2011

Baby Jack

It's always exciting making new baby cards and this one was requested to be extra special.  I knew in my mind what I wanted to create but its always difficult getting that onto cardstock.  As I wanted to sew on this card(when don't I?), but I didn't want the "workings" on show; to avoid this I worked out that if I folded the cardstock in half I could still sew on it each side and then fold it back and it would all be hidden. To give a new baby feel I had to keep it quite "light" with almost an "airy" feel to the card.  This was trying to keep the front minimal but when you turn each flap it has other elements to it like animals that have been die cut and embellished on all pages. The main cardstock used is Bazzill but with Rusty Pickle papers inside and the dies used were Sizzix zoo animals.  I have used Rebecca Erikkson rub ons and a stamp set that I can't remeber the name of-sorry:-(  It was punched down the spine with the Bind It All and bound together with white ribbon.  As with all new designs this took me about 8-9 hours to make, but as soon as this was handed over to the lady that ordered it I have since taken quite a few more orders for this; so I'm hoping that they are going to be easier to make!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment