Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sam's Birthday..

Bet you thought I had forgotten about creating cards?  Here is my Daughters Birthday card.  I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and try something unusual for me.  I usually struggle to incorporate patterned paper and lots of colour into my cards so I knew that I wanted to include that when I designed this card, plus, I had a lot of Magnolia Doohickey dies that I received for Christmas and wanted to use these too.  In my head I wanted the floral arrangement to "pop up" so this easel card seemed like the right way to go.  To make sure the colours all blended well I used the Basic Grey Eva pad, all the papers from the pad were used on this card with the following Magnolia Doohickey dies- Dolly flowers DH006, Scallop Tag DH022, Leaf Swirl, Vintage flowers & leaf DH016, Bon Voyage flowers DH007 and another flower die which does not have the name or code on(useful, not).  With the addition of Kars bold aphabet 1 stamp set and some pins, ribbon, and gems and the card is complete.  Just hope Sam likes it?  Happy Birthday Sam. x

No comments:

Post a Comment